Sustaining Utility Safety Success: How to Create a Long-Term, Successful Safety Strategy (C4C)
COURSE DURATION: 12 HOURS | CUSP CREDIT: 5
Does your organization implement safety initiatives that work one year, but fail the next? Are you having difficulty finding solutions to safety issues at your organization that are consistently effectively? Are you looking to elevate the success of your safety program? If you answered yes to any of the above, this is a course you’ll want to take.
Ted Granger taps into his vast utility leadership experience and Six Sigma knowledge to provide you with an extremely detailed, comprehensive strategy for sustaining safety success at your organization. You’ll learn about the most common mistakes utility safety leaders make and how to correct them. Additionally, you’ll receive proven and effective best practices guidelines for building an outstanding safety program from the worksite to the corporate board room and every area in between.
This 12-hour course has been broken up into short segments so you can learn at a pace that is best for you and your schedule. With your registration, you get access to all 6 chapters, 47 video segments (6 hours of video), 38 interactive quiz activities and 9 downloadable PDF activities. At the end, you’ll be presented with a 50-question final exam that, when passed, will earn you a certificate of completion as well as 6 CUSP credential maintenance points.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Define your safety vision
- Use SWOT analysis for strategic planning
- Effectively involve leadership and employees in the safety process
- Create a safety recognition program that works
- How to use and identify key performance indicator (KPI) metrics
- Implement a communications strategy
- Get employees to take individual ownership of safety
- Use human performance knowledge to reduce incidents
- Assess and improve your organization’s safety culture
- Improve hazard recognition with pre-job, site visit and evaluation strategies
- Implement an unsafe conditions process
- Measuring and analyzing near miss data
- Improve your safety processes
- Implement corrective measures into the work process
- Create an effective behavioral observation process
- Properly implement inspection of facilities audits
- Develop an safety implementation process for new materials, equipment, tools and procedures
- Implement safety rules and procedures for hazard prevention and control
- Plan and manage an effective safety and health training program
- Identify and validate safety leading indicators
- Improve safety quality and productivity
- Implement comprehensive safety data monitoring
- And much more!
Ted Granger, Granger Management Consultants
Ted Granger advises client companies, both domestic and international, on safety concerns and feasible solutions based upon comprehensive safety assessments. He is also a safety trainer and motivational speaker.
Ted brings the experience of a 37 year career at Florida Power & Light Company, having served leadership roles in Industrial Safety, Electric Distribution Operations, Logistics, and Human Resources.
In his consulting role, Ted interacts with field workers, supervision and senior management to define safety issues, examine safety culture, and evaluate effectiveness of safety programs. He then applies best practice knowledge as well as statistical tools in analyzing performance and developing improvement recommendations. These recommendations are designed to produce significant performance improvement, along with methods to sustain the results. His services have also included development of safety rules and procedure manuals, as well as related training. Ted is a graduate of the University of South Florida. He is a Certified Utility Safety Professional (CUSP) and Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB).
Watch a preview video of this course: